Saturday, February 9, 2008

It's the weekend and dad has baby duty




(started on Saturday night and finished Monday night - sorry Elizabeth corrected me - Tuesday night)

While most people look forward to 5 o'clock on Friday afternoon as the sign of the end of their work week and the beginning of their weekend, "one man three ladies and a chihuahua" starts his second job - weekend baby duty. We have come up with a schedule where Elizabeth does the night feeding during the week and I do them on the weekends to give her a break. That said, by the time Sunday night rolls around I am looking pretty rough. I don't know how Elizabeth does it..selling bonds is much easier. But with all the work that caring for twins requires, does come great reward. While the girls are only ~ 10 weeks old they definitely know when they parents are around. Sometimes I am not sure if they smile when they hear me or if they are smiling because they just did a #2, but either way I convince myself those smiles are just for their dad. They are so proud when they hold their little heads up all by themselves...you can just tell they want to say "Mom and Dad - look at me!" Tyler and Harper have come into their own personalities already. Their little smiles make changing diapers, mixing formula, changing outfits, cleaning up, burping them - "weekend baby duty" well worth every minute.


No comments: