Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A PowerPoint To Remember

Well my friends, I have a new appreciation for motherhood and the practice of breastfeeding. Without going into too many details, I will just say the PowerPoint presentation I saw last weekend was one I will not soon forget. We attended a breastfeeding class at the hospital. I said that this whole experience felt real when I heard the heart beats for the first time, but I had no idea what I was talking about it. That seems like years ago. I never really pictured myself sitting in a class like this with a bunch of strangers. It was a little awkward at first, but everyone was comfortable by the end and eager to join in on the competition of breastfeeding jeopardy....yes breastfeeding jeopardy. Enough said.

So we have a couple more classes to go - one on childbirth and another about multiples. I am really looking forward to the later, not so much with the childbirth class. I have friends that have "been there, done that" and they haven't held back in their detailed descriptions of what I have to expect. Anyway, everything else is going great. Elizabeth's birthday was a hit. I surprised her with some jewelry after she thought all she was getting were matching bibs for the girls. We had a nice dinner with her family and the girls racked up again. They already have more stuff then we do! We should be getting as close to being as prepared as we can be. Elizabeth is a walking baby encyclopedia at this point. Who knew she was such an avid reader?

I am off to California tomorrow and Elizabeth is heading back home to see family and have a "twin lunch" with her aunt, and two other twin moms. No better way to learn what to expect then to hear it firsthand from a mom with the same experience. She is really excited and I suspect it will be good for her to realize she probably already knows more then she thinks.
Back to the doctor end of the week so hopefully the girls will cooperate and pose for us!

No comments: