Thursday, October 25, 2007

Are you sure you're ready?

The last time I left you, I was in route to Boston for work on Sunday. Shortly thereafter, on Tuesday night at some time approaching midnight, I got a call on my cell phone from a frantic Elizabeth. Her lower back was hurting, she had "sudden" swelling of her ankles, and there was a general feeling of uneasiness....all "signs of preterm labor". After the last couple weeks of telling folks I was "ready" for the girls to be here, I realized I may not be 100% ready. Fortunately, Elizabeth had just overdone it that day - perhaps a little too much shopping. After the "gold star" report from the doctor today, it looks like we are good to go to make it to December 4th. I have time for another class at the hospital and a few more weeks to really get ready.


Both the girls are a little over 3 lbs each - at 3lbs 3 oz and 3lb 5 oz. Space is getting a little tight in their current home and as a result we didn't get any good 3D pictures this time. Hopefully next time. Someone is certainly ready for them to get here so she can dress them in all their new clothes.

No comments: