Monday, July 23, 2007

Meet the Whites


For those that don't know us that well, here is a little background. Elizabeth and I met when we were 16 and have been together ever since. We married almost 3 years ago (8/14) and recently moved to North Carolina from Georgia.

Shortly after we made the move back to NC we began renovating the upstairs of our new home. Some called this the "nesting phase", I called it another one of Elizabeth's "projects". Although being back in NC, close to family, made the thought of starting a family more of a reality for both of us.



We decided to start trying and it was only a couple months later when I got "the call" at work. It was Elizabeth asking if I wanted to meet for lunch. A couple of things struck me about this call. One - it was before 9 am. Having the luxury of working from home, it is rare that my lovely wife is up at this hour, much less calling me at work. Two - the purpose of the call - to confirm plans for lunch. There was no way she could already be thinking about lunch before the daily breakfast ritual with Pearce. Anyway, a couple minutes later I had a lunch date with my wife and was about my day. Noon rolled around and I walked out to meet Elizabeth. She brought a little wrapped gift that confirmed my earlier suspicions - not just your average lunch. I opened it up and got my first glimpse of parenthood - a onesie! It was confirmed - the test at home backed up by an earlier blood test at the doctor - we were going to be parents and we were both excited....and nervous.

The following week Elizabeth went back to the doctor for what we assumed to be a normal checkup. She called me after the appointment and asked if I wanted to hear what the doctor had to say. I assumed it was going to be as simple as "everything looks great". Little did I know, our exciting news was about to get all the more exciting - TWINS! Nothing can prepare you for for the day you find out you're pregnant ("you" - referring to the both of you) much less the day you find out you are going to have twins. At the time, we were not aware of twins on either side of the family so it was a total fluke. The next week we both went in for an ultrasound and confirmed they are identical. Depending on who you talk to some say there is no scientific evidence that identicals are genetic, but if you ask my mother-in-law, Meb, she would beg to differ. We have now confirmed, through Meb, there were 3 sets of identicals on Elizabeth's side of the family.



We decided to hold out and tell our family the news on Mother's Day. We attempted to get everyone together at our house for lunch that weekend. Unfortunately, my dad was in the Bahamas and my mom could not make it on Sunday. My mom and sister came in town on Saturday and we spilled the beans. My mom, Kathy, insists she knew before we told her. The following day Elizabeth's family came over to the house. Bloody Mary's and mimosas were flowing for all....except Elizabeth (and Elizabeth loves champagne). We gave all the moms and grandmothers a little package with the the two ultrasound pictures and a card saying "Happy Mother's Day - You are going to be a grandmother (or great grandmother). Everyone was so excited upon opening their little box and seeing an ultrasound picture that we had to tell them to flip past the picture of "baby A" to see the picture of "baby B"!




Once our family knew, we started telling our friends. We probably told a little early, but as I mentioned, Elizabeth really likes champagne, so there are only so many weddings you can attend without people asking questions. It's safe to assume, anyone we have come in contact with over the last 29 years is now aware of the fact we are having twins. Fast forward a couple of months and Elizabeth is now almost 17 weeks. That was a quick recap of everything that has happened up to this point. I don't want everyone to lose interest before we get started so keeping it short and sweet. Here is a picture of Elizabeth last week. We both just noticed the bump - it appeared out of nowhere! If you have not met Pearce, he is the little guy just outside the door. Going forward we refer to him as the "big brother"....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wanna see them tits , pu-sy to if you like