Thursday, August 2, 2007

"The Man Behind the Belly"



An expectant father must "be prepared" - like a Boy Scout. Thanks to my good friend, Jeff in Raleigh, I am now ready for the adventures, or in my case, misadventures in diaper duty. I, unlike Jeff, did not make it to elite Eagle Scout status. In fact I hung up the merit badge sash after barely making it to First Class. That effectively put me ahead of the "Tenderfoot" and "Second Class" scouts. I feel about as prepared now as I did then, but I am up to the challenge. I can always lean on Larry for a little advice...or maybe not since we have changed about the same number of diapers. At least I have the gear to be the cool diaper dude (see below*). You can guess who suggested posing with the Humpty Dumpty pillow dolls (thanks Laura and Sue by the way)....little payback from my lovely bride I suppose.


Elizabeth is heading back for another ultrasound tomorrow. I can't get off work in the morning so Jacquelyn may fill in. Hopefully she fares better then I did in the doctor's office. I know the nurses will be disappointed. I will post some new pictures tomorrow then we are off to the beach for a few days - one man, three ladies, and a chihuahua + my family. Wish us luck!

*Gray and orange bag is the official diaper dude bag made especially for extra cool dads.

No comments: